Tuesday, March 27, 2007

PMT

I used to think that PMT was just an excuse that women used for being a bit grumpy. Five years into my thirties, and 5 years after I stopped taking the contraceptive pill, I now have a whole new understanding of the concept of PMT and I apologise to anyone I didn't take seriously before.

There are days when I am agitated and likely to burst into tears for no apparent reason. It's bizarre because you just can't explain why you feel like that. And then you get even more agitated and want to burst into tears all over again at being so irrational and emotional. At feeling so out of control. Hormones are powerful things. I have a whole new respect for hormones.

I also used to think that in lesbian relationships there was likely to be twice as much PMT so double the amount of angst. But I was wrong. Two lots of PMT does not equal PMT doubled - it equals PMT squared! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No comments: